WILSON -- Wilson Fike's Bryson Boyette lit up the Willow Springs Country Club with a sterling 68 to earn medalist honors at the most recent Big East Conference boys golf match.
The 18-hole event was held Monday afternoon in Wilson, and Fike, thanks in part to Boyette's heroics, took first place in the team standings at 323.
Nash Central was second, followed by Northern Nash, Wilson Hunt and Southern Nash. Rocky Mount did not have enough competitors to qualify for the team statistics.
For the season, Fike is in command of the team championship race with 1,670 strokes -- 104 shots ahead of second-place Nash Central.
Boyette's outstanding round gave him an 11-shot advantage in the medalist portion over Nash Central's Joseph Cook and Wilson Fike's Candler Matthews.
Both Cook and Matthews broke 80s by carding respective 79s.
Northern Nash's Christian Crawford was sharp with an 82, while Southern Nash's Noah Shealey offered an 89.
The Top-10 individuals from the event were as follows:
1) Bryson Boyette (Wilson Fike), 68
2) (tie) Joseph Cook (Nash Central) and Candler Matthews (Wilson Fike), both with 79s
4) Johnathan Hendricks (Wilson Fike), 81
5) Christian Crawford (Northern Nash), 82
6) Joey Przelomski (Rocky Mount), 83
7) Chris Clark (Wilson Hunt), 85
8) Brian Jones (Nash Central), 86
9) Cameron Beal (Nash Central), 87
10) Noah Shealy (Southern Nash High School), 89
The cumulative team standings for the season are as follows:
1) Wilson Fike High School 1,670
2) Nash Central High School 1,784
3) Northern Nash High School 1,850
4) Southern Nash High School 1,936
5) Wilson Hunt High School 1,963
The next Big East Conference golf match will be Monday at Birchwood Country Club in Nashville.
Action is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.